YOU AGREE THAT BY USING THE SITE, ANY APPLICATIONS, AND THE SERVICES YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE AND YOU ARE LEGALLY ABLE TO ENTER INTO A CONTRACT.
These Terms require the use of arbitration on an individual basis to resolve disputes, rather than jury trials or class actions, and also limit the remedies available to you in the event of a dispute.
Legalinabox.com provides an online legal portal to give visitors a general understanding of business law and provide an subscription solutions to individuals who would like access to a business lawyer. Legal In A Box also provides subscribers business forms as part of the subscription. Customer need not download or even license Legal in a Box software. Legal in a Box hosts its software as a backend service for customers when they create their own documents. The Site includes general information on commonly encountered legal issues. The Legal in a Box Services also include a review of your answers for completeness, spelling, and for internal consistency of names, addresses and the like. At no time do we review your answers for legal sufficiency, draw legal conclusions, provide legal advice, opinions or recommendations about your legal rights, remedies, defenses, options, selection of forms, or strategies, or apply the law to the facts of your particular situation. Legal in a Box is not a law firm and may not perform services performed by an lawyer. Legal in a Box, its Services, and its forms or templates are not a substitute for the advice or services of an lawyer.
Legal in a Box strives to keep its legal documents accurate, current and up-to-date. However, because the law changes rapidly, Legal in a Box cannot guarantee that all of the information on the Site or Applications is completely current. The law is different from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, and may be subject to interpretation by different courts. The law is a personal matter, and no general information or legal tool like the kind Legal in a Box provides can fit every circumstance. Furthermore, the legal information contained on the Site and Applications is not legal advice and is not guaranteed to be correct, complete or up-to-date. Therefore, if you need legal advice for your specific problem, or if your specific problem is too complex to be addressed by our tools, you should consult a licensed lawyer in your area.
From time to time, Legal in a Box may perform certain lawyer access services and introduce our visitors to lawyers through various methods, including but not limited to (i) legal plans, (ii) third party lawyer directory listings, and (iii) third party limited scope agreements. At no time is an lawyer-client relationship fostered or created with Legal in a Box through the performance of any such services.
This Site and Applications are not intended to create any lawyer-client relationship, and your use of Legal in a Box does not and will not create an lawyer-client relationship between you and Legal in a Box. Instead, you are and will be representing yourself in any legal matter you undertake through Legal in a Box’s legal document service.
When you open an account to use or access certain portions of the Site, Applications, or the Services, you must provide complete and accurate information as requested on the registration form. You will also be asked to provide a username and password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You may not use a third party’s account, user name or password at any time. You agree to notify Legal in a Box immediately of any unauthorized use of your account, username or password. Legal in a Box shall not be liable for any losses you incur as a result of someone else’s use of your account or password, either with or without your knowledge. You may be held liable for any losses incurred by Legal in a Box, our affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents and representatives due to someone else’s use of your account or password.
- Ownership. This Site and Applications are owned and operated by legalinabox.co.uk, Inc. All right, title and interest in and to the materials provided on this Site and Applications, including but not limited to information, documents, logos, graphics, sounds and images (the “Materials”) are owned either by Legal in a Box or by our respective third party authors, developers or vendors (“Third Party Providers”). Except as otherwise expressly provided by Legal in a Box, none of the Materials may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, displayed, transmitted or distributed in any way and nothing on this Site or on any Applications shall be construed to confer any license under any of Legal in a Box’s intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, implication or otherwise. See the “Legal Contact Information” below if you have any questions about obtaining such licenses. Legal in a Box does not sell, license, lease or otherwise provide any of the Materials other than those specifically identified as being provided by Legal in a Box. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by Legal in a Box.
- Links to Third Party Sites. This Site and Applications may contain links to websites controlled by parties other than Legal in a Box (each a “Third Party Site”). Legal in a Box works with a number of partners and affiliates whose sites are linked with Legal in a Box. Legal in a Box may also provide links to other citations or resources with whom it is not affiliated. Legal in a Box is not responsible for and does not endorse or accept any responsibility for the availability, contents, products, services or use of any Third Party Site, any website accessed from a Third Party Site or any changes or updates to such sites. Legal in a Box makes no guarantees about the content or quality of the products or services provided by such sites. Legal in a Box is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any Third Party Site. Legal in a Box is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Legal in a Box of the Third Party Site, nor does it imply that Legal in a Box sponsors, is affiliated or associated with, guarantees, or is legally authorized to use any trade name, registered trademark, logo, legal or official seal, or copyrighted symbol that may be reflected in the links. You acknowledge that you bear all risks associated with access to and use of content provided on a Third Party Site and agree that Legal in a Box is not responsible for any loss or damage of any sort you may incur from dealing with a third party. You should contact the site administrator for the applicable Third Party Site if you have any concerns regarding such links or the content located on any such Third Party Site.
License to Use.
Legal in a Box grants you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use our forms (the “Forms”) for your own personal, internal business use, or if you are an lawyer or professional, for your client. Except as otherwise provided, you acknowledge and agree that you have no right to modify, edit, copy, reproduce, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, alter, enhance or in any way exploit any of the Forms in any manner, except for modifications in filling out the Forms for your authorized use. You shall not remove any copyright notice from any Form.
Resale of Forms Prohibited.
By ordering or downloading Forms, you agree that the Forms you purchase or download may only be used by you for your personal or business use or used by you in connection with your client and may not be sold or redistributed without the express written consent of legalinabox.co.uk.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION BY BINDING ARBITRATION
Please read this carefully. It affects your rights.
Most customer concerns can be resolved quickly and to the customer’s satisfaction by calling our Customer Care Center at (855) 700-7944. In the unlikely event that the Legal in a Box Customer Care Center is unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction (or if Legal in a Box has not been able to resolve a dispute it has with you after attempting to do so informally), we each agree to resolve those disputes through binding arbitration or in small claims court rather than in a court of general jurisdiction. Arbitration is less formal than a lawsuit in court. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, allows for more limited discovery than a court does, and is subject to very limited review by courts. Any arbitration under these Terms will take place on an individual basis; class arbitrations and class actions are not permitted. While in some instances, upfront costs to file an arbitration claim may exceed similar costs to bring a case in court, for any non-frivolous claim that does not exceed $75,000, Legal in a Box will pay all costs of the arbitration. Moreover, in arbitration you may recover lawyer’s fees from Legal in a Box to the same extent or more as you would in court. The arbitrator shall apply the same limitations period that would apply in court.
Under certain circumstances (as explained below), Legal in a Box will pay you more than the amount of the arbitrator’s award and will pay your lawyer (if any) his or her reasonable lawyer’s fees if the arbitrator awards you an amount greater than what Legal in a Box offered you to settle the dispute.
You may speak with independent counsel before using this Site or completing any purchase.
(a) Legal in a Box and you agree to arbitrate all disputes and claims between us before a single arbitrator. The types of disputes and claims we agree to arbitrate are intended to be broadly interpreted. It applies, without limitation, to:
- claims arising out of or relating to any aspect of the relationship between us, whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation, or any other legal theory;
- claims that arose before these or any prior Terms (including, but not limited to, claims relating to advertising);
- claims that are currently the subject of purported class action litigation in which you are not a member of a certified class; and
- claims that may arise after the termination of these Terms.
For the purposes of this Arbitration Agreement, references to “Legal in a Box,” “you,” and “us” include our respective subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, employees, business partners, predecessors in interest, successors, and assigns, as well as all authorized or unauthorized users or beneficiaries of services or products under these Terms or any prior agreements between us. Beneficiaries include, but are not limited to, those named in an estate planning document.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, either party may bring an individual action in small claims court. This arbitration agreement does not preclude your bringing issues to the attention of federal, state, or local agencies. Such agencies can, if the law allows, seek relief against us on your behalf. You agree that, by entering into these Terms, you and Legal in a Box are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action. These Terms evidence a transaction or website use in interstate commerce, and thus the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”) governs the interpretation and enforcement of this provision. This arbitration provision will survive termination of these Terms.
(b) A party who intends to seek arbitration must first send, by U.S. certified mail, a written Notice of Dispute (“Notice”) to the other party. A Notice to Legal in a Box should be addressed to: Notice of Dispute, General Counsel, legalinabox.co.uk, Inc., 50 S. Main Street, Suite 200, Naperville, IL 60540 c/o Law Office of Amy M. Toepper (the “Notice Address”). The Notice must (a) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute and (b) set forth the specific relief sought (“Demand”). If Legal in a Box and you do not reach an agreement to resolve the claim within 30 days after the Notice is received, you or Legal in a Box may commence an arbitration proceeding. During the arbitration, the amount of any settlement offer made by Legal in a Box or you shall not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator determines the amount, if any, to which you or Legal in a Box is entitled.
(c) After Legal in a Box receives notice at the Notice Address that you have commenced arbitration, it will promptly reimburse you for your payment of the filing fee, unless your claim is for more than $75,000. (Currently, the filing fee for consumer-initiated arbitrations is $200, but this is subject to change by the arbitration provider. If you are unable to pay this fee, Legal in a Box will pay it directly after receiving a written request at the Notice Address.) The arbitration will be governed by the Consumer Arbitration Rules (the “AAA Rules”) of the American Arbitration Association (the “AAA”), as modified by these Terms, and will be administered by the AAA. The AAA Rules are available online at www.adr.org or by calling the AAA at 1-855-700-7944. (You may obtain information about the arbitration process directed to non-lawyers, including information about providing notice to Legal in a Box, at https://www.legalinabox.co.uk/arbitration-information.pdf.) The arbitrator is bound by these Terms. All issues are for the arbitrator to decide, except that issues relating to the scope, enforceability, and interpretation of the arbitration provision and the scope, enforceability, and interpretation of paragraph (f) are for the court to decide. Unless Legal in a Box and you agree otherwise, any arbitration hearings will take place in the county (or parish) of your contact address. If your claim is for $10,000 or less, you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted solely on the basis of documents submitted to the arbitrator, by a telephonic hearing, or by an in-person hearing as established by the AAA Rules. If you choose to proceed either in person or by telephone, we may choose to respond only by telephone or submission. If your claim exceeds $10,000, the AAA Rules will determine whether you have a right to a hearing. The parties agree that in any arbitration of a dispute or claim, neither party will rely for preclusive effect on any award or finding of fact or conclusion of law made in any other arbitration of any dispute or claim to which Legal in a Box was a party. Except as otherwise provided for herein, Legal in a Box will pay all AAA filing, administration, and arbitrator fees for any arbitration initiated in accordance with the notice requirements above. If, however, the arbitrator finds that either the substance of your claim or the relief sought in the Demand is frivolous or brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b)), then the payment of all such fees will be governed by the AAA Rules. In such case, you agree to reimburse Legal in a Box for all monies previously disbursed by it that are otherwise your obligation to pay under the AAA Rules. In addition, if you initiate an arbitration in which you seek relief valued at more than $75,000 (excluding lawyer’s fees and expenses), the payment of these fees will be governed by the AAA rules.
(d) If, after finding in your favor in any respect on the merits of your claim, the arbitrator issues you an award that is greater than the value of Legal in a Box’s last written settlement offer made before an arbitrator was selected, then Legal in a Box will:
- pay you either the amount of the award or $2,000 (“the alternative payment”), whichever is greater; and
- pay your lawyer, if any, the amount of lawyer’s fees, and reimburse any expenses (including expert witness fees and costs), that your lawyer reasonably accrues for investigating, preparing, and pursuing your claim in arbitration (the “lawyer’s payment”).
If Legal in a Box did not make a written offer to settle the dispute before an arbitrator was selected, you and your lawyer will be entitled to receive the alternative payment and the lawyer’s fees, respectively, if the arbitrator awards you any relief on the merits. The arbitrator may make rulings and resolve disputes as to the payment and reimbursement of fees, expenses, and the alternative payment and the lawyer’s fees at any time during the proceeding and upon request from either party made within 14 days of the arbitrator’s ruling on the merits. In assessing whether an award that includes lawyer’s fees or expenses is greater than the value of Legal in a Box’s last written settlement offer, the arbitrator shall include in his or her calculations only the value of any lawyer’s fees or expenses you reasonably incurred in connection with the arbitration proceeding before Legal in a Box’s settlement offer.
(e) The right to lawyer’s fees and expenses discussed in paragraph (d) supplements any right to lawyer’s fees and expenses you may have under applicable law. Thus, if you would be entitled to a larger amount under applicable law, this provision does not preclude the arbitrator from awarding you that amount. However, you may not recover duplicative awards of lawyer’s fees or costs. Although under some laws Legal in a Box may have a right to an award of lawyer’s fees and expenses if it prevails in an arbitration proceeding, Legal in a Box will not seek such an award.
(f) The arbitrator may award injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party’s individual claim. YOU AND Legal in a Box AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITIES AND NOT AS PLAINTIFFS OR CLASS MEMBERS IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING OR IN THE CAPACITY OF A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL. Further, unless both you and Legal in a Box agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. The arbitrator may award any relief that a court could award that is individualized to the claimant and would not affect other customers. Neither you nor we may seek non-individualized relief that would affect other customers. If a court decides that applicable law precludes enforcement of any of this paragraph’s limitations as to a particular claim for relief, then that claim (and only that claim) must be severed from the arbitration and may be brought in court.
(g) If the amount in dispute exceeds $75,000 or either party seeks any form of injunctive relief, either party may appeal the award to a three-arbitrator panel administered by AAA by a written notice of appeal within thirty (30) days from the date of entry of the written arbitration award. An award of injunctive relief shall be stayed during any such appeal. The members of the three-arbitrator panel will be selected according to AAA rules. The three-arbitrator panel will issue its decision within one hundred and twenty (120) days of the date of the appealing party’s notice of appeal. The decision of the three-arbitrator panel shall be final and binding, subject to any right of judicial review that exists under the FAA.
(h) Notwithstanding any provision in the applicable Terms to the contrary, we agree that if we make any future change to this arbitration provision (other than a change to any notice address, website link or telephone number provided herein), that change will not apply to any dispute of which we had written notice on the effective date of the change. Moreover, if we seek to terminate this arbitration provision, any such termination will not be effective until at least thirty (30) days after written notice of such termination is provided to you, and shall not be effective as to disputes which arose prior to the date of termination.
Rights and Responsibilities of Legal in a Box.
Legal in a Box is not the publisher or author of the User Content. Legal in a Box takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.
Although we cannot make an absolute guarantee of system security, Legal in a Box takes reasonable steps to maintain security. If you have reason to believe system security has been breached, contact us by email for help.
If Legal in a Box’s technical staff finds that files or processes belonging to a member pose a threat to the proper technical operation of the system or to the security of other members, Legal in a Box reserves the right to delete those files or to stop those processes. If the Legal in a Box technical staff suspects a user name is being used by someone who is not authorized by the proper user, Legal in a Box may temporarily disable that user’s access in order to preserve system security. In all such cases, Legal in a Box will contact the member as soon as feasible.
Legal in a Box has the right (but not the obligation), in our sole and absolute discretion, to edit, redact, remove, re-categorize to a more appropriate location or otherwise change any User Content.
Rights and Responsibilities of Legal in a Box Users or Other Posters of User Content.
You are legally and ethically responsible for any User Content – writings, files, pictures or any other work – that you post or transmit using any Legal in a Box service that allows interaction or dissemination of information. In posting User Content, you agree that you will not submit any content:
- that is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- that infringes anyone’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy. Please see Compliance with Intellectual Property Laws below;
- that violates any law, statute, ordinance, or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, antidiscrimination, or false advertising). Please see Compliance with Export Restrictions below;
- that is, or may reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing, or advocates or encourages illegal conduct harmful to any individual, partnership or corporation. Please see Inappropriate Content below;
- that includes advertisements, spam, or content for which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any third party;
- that includes information that references other websites, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, or other contact information;
- that contains any computer virus, worms, or other potentially damaging computer programs or files;
Lawyers that submit User Content and provide advice do so at their own risk.
Under United States federal law, you retain copyright on all works you create and post as User Content, unless you choose specifically to renounce it. In posting a work as User Content, you authorize other members who have access to that service to make personal and customary use of the work, including creating links or reposting, but not otherwise to reproduce or disseminate it unless you give permission for such dissemination.
You grant Legal in a Box a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable right and license to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, sell, distribute, and/or incorporate such content into any form, medium, or technology throughout the world without compensation to you. You have the right to remove any of your works from User Content at any time.
You are not required to provide your real name when signing up as a user of Legal in a Box. Legal in a Box permits anonymous or pseudonymous accounts. Any user may request that such member’s email address be hidden to provide for additional privacy.
Ratings and reviews will generally be posted in two to four business days.
By submitting your email address in connection with your rating and review, you agree that Legal in a Box may use your email address to contact you about the status of your review and other administrative purposes.
- NO WARRANTY. THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, AND ALL MATERIALS, DOCUMENTS OR FORMS PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR APPLICATIONS ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, LEGAL IN A BOX EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
LEGAL IN A BOX MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT: (A) THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, OR THE MATERIALS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (B) THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, OR THE MATERIALS WILL BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE BASIS; (C) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, OR ANY MATERIALS OFFERED THROUGH THE SITE OR APPLICATIONS, WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; OR (D) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, OR IN RELIANCE ON THE MATERIALS WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS.
OBTAINING ANY MATERIALS THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE OR APPLICATIONS IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND AT YOUR OWN RISK. Legal in a Box SHALL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY CONTENT, MATERIALS, INFORMATION OR SOFTWARE.
NOTWITHSTANDING THE ABOVE, LEGAL IN A BOX OFFERS A 60 DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEE, THE TERMS OF WHICH ARE AVAILABLE HERE. THIS DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY DOES NOT APPLY TO THE PURCHASE OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES BY NORTH CAROLINA CONSUMERS.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION. EXCEPT AS PROHIBITED BY LAW, YOU WILL HOLD LEGAL IN A BOX AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS HARMLESS FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE, HOWEVER IT ARISES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES AND ALL RELATED COSTS AND EXPENSES OF LITIGATION AND ARBITRATION, OR AT TRIAL OR ON APPEAL, IF ANY, WHETHER OR NOT LITIGATION OR ARBITRATION IS INSTITUTED), WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, OR ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY CLAIM FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, ARISING FROM THIS AGREEMENT AND ANY VIOLATION BY YOU OF ANY FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL LAWS, STATUTES, RULES, OR REGULATIONS, EVEN IF LEGAL IN A BOX HAS BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. EXCEPT AS PROHIBITED BY LAW, IF THERE IS LIABILITY FOUND ON THE PART OF LEGAL IN A BOX, IT WILL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID FOR THE PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES, AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THERE BE CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE PRIOR LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS PARAGRAPH DOES NOT APPLY TO NORTH CAROLINA CONSUMERS.
- Unsolicited Submissions. Except as may be required in connection with your use of Legal in a Box Services, Legal in a Box does not want you to submit confidential or proprietary information to us through this Site or any Applications. All comments, feedback, information or material submitted to Legal in a Box through or in association with this Site shall be considered non-confidential and Legal in a Box’s property. By providing such submissions to Legal in a Box you hereby assign to Legal in a Box, at no charge, all worldwide right, title and interest in and to the submissions and any intellectual property rights associated therewith. Legal in a Box shall be free to use and/or disseminate such submissions on an unrestricted basis for any purpose. You acknowledge that you are responsible for the submissions that you provide, including their legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality and content.
- Compliance with Intellectual Property Laws. When accessing Legal in a Box or using the Legal in a Box legal document preparation Service, you agree to obey the law and you agree to respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of the Service and the Site is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright, trademark and other intellectual property ownership. You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit or otherwise distribute any information or content in violation of any third party’s copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property or proprietary rights. You agree to abide by laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property, and you shall be solely responsible for any violations of any relevant laws and for any infringements of third party rights caused by any content you provide or transmit or that is provided or transmitted using your Legal in a Box user account.
Legal in a Box has adopted a policy that provides for the immediate removal of any content, article or materials that have infringed on the rights of Legal in a Box or of a third party or that violate intellectual property rights generally. Legal in a Box’s policy is to remove such infringing content or materials and investigate such allegations immediately.
Notice. Legal in a Box has in place certain legally mandated procedures regarding allegations of copyright infringement occurring on the Site or with the Service. The Company has adopted a policy that provides for the immediate suspension and/or termination of any Site or Service user who is found to have infringed the rights of the Company or of a third party, or otherwise violated any intellectual laws or regulations. The Company’s policy is to act expeditiously upon receipt of proper notification of claimed copyright infringement to remove or disable access to the allegedly infringing content. If you have evidence, know, or have a good faith belief that your rights or the rights of a third party have been violated and you want the Company to delete, edit, or disable the material in question, you must provide the Company with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail): (1) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (2) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site; (3) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material; (4) Information reasonably sufficient to permit the Company to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, email address; (5) A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (6) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
The above written information must be sent to our registered Copyright Agent:
c/o legalinabox.co.uk, Inc.
50 S. Main Street
Naperville, IL 60504
Toll Free: 855.700.7944
Contact form: legalinabox.co.uk/contact
Counter-Notice. If you believe that your Content that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the material in your Content, you may send a written counter-notice containing the following information to the Copyright Agent: (1) Your physical or electronic signature; (2) Identification of the Content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the Content appeared before it was removed or disabled; (3) A statement that you have a good faith belief that the Content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the Content; and (4) Your name, address, telephone number, and email address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in Austin, Texas, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement. If a counter-notice is received by the Copyright Agent, the Company may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed Content or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the Content provider, member or user, the removed Content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at the Company’s sole discretion.
- Compliance with Export Restrictions. You may not access, download, use or export the Site, Applications, or the Materials in violation of United States export laws or regulations or in violation of any other applicable laws or regulations. You agree to comply with all export laws and restrictions and regulations of any United States or foreign agency or authority and to assume sole responsibility for obtaining licenses to export or re-export as may be required. You acknowledge and agree that the Materials are subject to the United States Export Administration Laws and Regulations and agree that none of the Materials or any direct product therefrom is being or will be acquired for, shipped, transferred or re-exported, directly or indirectly, to proscribed or embargoed countries or their nationals or used for any prohibited purpose.
- Personal Use. The site is made available for your personal use on your own behalf.
- Children. Minors are not eligible to use the Site or Applications and we ask that they do not submit any personal information to us.
- Customers Needing Extra Assistance. Legal in a Box aims to provide full access to its website and product offerings regardless of disability. If you are unable to read any part of the Legal in a Box website, or otherwise have difficulties using the Legal in a Box website, please call (855) 700-7944 and our customer care team will assist you.
- Copyrights. All Site design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof, Copyright ©, legalinabox.co.uk, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
- Trademarks. Legal in a Box, legalinabox.co.uk, all images and text, and all page headers, custom graphics and button icons are service marks, trademarks and/or trade dress of Legal in a Box. All other trademarks, product names and company names or logos cited herein are the property of their respective owners.
- Lawyer Access Services; Use of Term “Experience.” The term “experience” or “experienced,” as used on the Site, Applications, and in other communications in reference to third party lawyers participating in Legal in a Box’s legal plans or other lawyer access services means that the legal plan primary handling partner of each law firm fulfills the following: (a) possesses a minimum of five years’ experience practicing law, (b) maintains errors and omissions insurance policies consistent with industry standards, (c) is in good standing with the state bar in each jurisdiction in which the lawyer is licensed to practice, (d) has no pending malpractice lawsuit, as of the date of joining one of Legal in a Box’s legal plans, and (e) has no public record of discipline by a state bar within the last five years. The term “experience” or “experienced” is not intended to be a comparison to any other lawyer’s services or qualifications.
- Use of Testimonials and Media Endorsements. The media hosts on the Site endorse Legal in a Box as paid spokespeople in our advertising campaigns.
- Inquiries. BY USING LEGAL IN A BOX’S SERVICES OR ACCESSING THE LEGAL IN A BOX SITE OR APPLICATIONS, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND ACCEPT THAT SUBMITTING YOUR TELEPHONE NUMBER TO LEGAL IN A BOX VIA THE LEGAL IN A BOX SITE OR APPLICATIONS CONSTITUTES AN INQUIRY TO LEGAL IN A BOX, AND THAT LEGAL IN A BOX MAY CONTACT YOU AT THE NUMBER SUBMITTED EVEN IF SUCH NUMBER APPEARS ON ANY STATE OR FEDERAL DO NOT CALL LISTS (TAKING INTO ACCOUNT INQUIRY EXCEPTION TIME FRAMES AS APPROPRIATE).
- Right to Refuse. You acknowledge that Legal in a Box reserves the right to refuse service to anyone and to cancel user access at any time.